The Raft brand is rapidly expanding and we welcome those who are interested in being a part of the team.
We are always eager to hear from great people who have an interest in design, sales and sustainability.
Full-Time Sales Assistants required. London stores.
Love Retail/Interiors & Design? Want to work for an environmentally ethical company? We are a rapidly expanding, independent furniture retailer who requires highly motivated and enthusiastic full-time individual for our LONDON store.
Sales experience in a retail environment is desirable but not essential. You must have a bright and bubbly disposition, be able to work in a busy retail environment and be confident in learning our in-house sales/customer service computer program.
Salary opportunity to earn up to £20,000-£24,000 p.a guaranteed.
Please e-mail your CV to email@example.com
Or pop into the store now and speak to the manager.
Full-Time Production/Manufacturing Team Member. London based.
We are looking for hard-working Cutters, Sewers/Machinists and/or Upholsters to join our fast-growing London (HA9) based furniture factory.
Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 1 year of experience in an industrial environment.
Regular work schedule is Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm with some Saturday work scheduled depending on production needs.
Successful candidates need the following requirements:
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and supervision
- Must have experience in their field
- Must be physically fit and healthy
- Must show a passion for delivering excellent quality and service
- Must be flexible as start and finish times may vary depending on workload
- Must be punctual and reliable and able to work under pressure
Essential Functions of Job:
- Works with a team of 15 - 25 co-workers to jointly assemble fully upholstered furniture in a fast paced environment while attaining required quality standards and while complying with all safety rules and practices
- Cut appropriate fabric/vinyl to produce upholstery covers for furniture
- Cut out traced patterns on fabric and leather for furniture
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions and problem solving
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions
- Good quality oriented
- Upholstery lines contain all functions of upholstering furniture including springers, seat builders, arm builders, inside and outside back builders, and final assemblers
- Able to use common upholstery tools such as air powered staple guns, mauls, hammers, scissors, regulators, nail guns, tack pullers, etc
- Requires the ability to stand, walk, stoop, bend for 9 hours or more daily. Requires constant use of arms, hands, fingers and eyes to assemble upholstered furniture.
- Could require lifting up to 75 lbs, carrying 40 lbs or pushing and sliding up to 200 lbs
- Requires ability to work while wearing required personal protective equipment such as safety glasses
- Assists with any other task in the line, department or facility as directed by supervision
- Seam/sew appropriate fabric/vinyl to produce upholstery covers for furniture.
- Trains other operational personnel in the basics of touch-up repair (if necessary).
- Carry out repairs (if necessary)
- Maintain a consistent quality and quantity in work produced.
- Maintain work area in an organised and safe manner.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Occasional lifting and moving up to 10 lbs is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Raft is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, colour,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status
with respect to recruitment, hiring, upgrades, training, promotion, and other terms and conditions
Salary: £10.00 to £15.00 /hour
Please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org