The Raft brand is rapidly expanding and we welcome those who are interested in being a part of the team.
We are always eager to hear from great people who have an interest in design, sales and sustainability.
Front Line Customer service & admin support position
The Raft brand is rapidly expanding and celebrating its 20th year in retail. Specialising in handcrafted teak products manufactured in Indonesia as well as our beautiful sofas made here in our UK factories. Love retail and providing the best customer care this is an exciting opportunity within a company that is developing new strategies, experiencing growth and change.
This position will be based in our head office in Cricklewood. You will be dealing with customer enquiries, investigating any customer complaints regarding faults, repairs and resolving issues within a timely manner. Will regularly have to liaise with our logistics team, production team, Franchise stores and any other departments as and when necessary. Will be responsible for processing our customer online orders and sending out sample requests. General office tasks photocopying, scanning, sending mail and parcels, ordering of consumables & uniforms and any additional ad-hoc duties as and when requested.
- Hours Monday to Friday 9:30-5:30
- £21,000 starting salary
- 28 days holiday including bank holiday
- Pension Scheme
- Staff discount
- Looking for a friendly hard working professional with a back ground in customer service to join our small team.
- Previous customer service experience and dealing with complaints a must.
- Must have excellent spoken and written English.
- Experience in receiving and managing all phone calls and emails.
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to use their initiative
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think outside the box.
- Experience with dealing with different databases & Programs (word, excel, outlook) you will be trained in using our in house system optimise as well as magenta / sage pay
- Must be willing to learn
Please e-mail your Blind CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or pop into the store now and drop you CV off.
Full-Time Sales Assistants required. London stores.
Love Retail/Interiors & Design? Want to work for an environmentally ethical company? We are a rapidly expanding, independent furniture retailer who requires highly motivated and enthusiastic full-time individual for our LONDON store.
Sales experience in a retail environment is desirable but not essential. You must have a bright and bubbly disposition, be able to work in a busy retail environment and be confident in learning our in-house sales/customer service computer program.
Salary opportunity to earn up to £20,000-£24,000 p.a guaranteed.
Please e-mail your CV to email@example.com
Or pop into the store now and speak to the manager.
Full-Time Production/Manufacturing Team Member.London based.
We are looking for hard-working Cutters, Sewers/Machinists and/or Upholsters to join our fast-growing London (HA9) based furniture factory.
Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 1 year of experience in an industrial environment.
Regular work schedule is Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm with some Saturday work scheduled depending on production needs.
Successful candidates need the following requirements:
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and supervision
- Must have experience in their field
- Must be physically fit and healthy
- Must show a passion for delivering excellent quality and service
- Must be flexible as start and finish times may vary depending on workload
- Must be punctual and reliable and able to work under pressure
Essential Functions of Job:
- Works with a team of 15 - 25 co-workers to jointly assemble fully upholstered furniture in a fast paced environment while attaining required quality standards and while complying with all safety rules and practices
- Cut appropriate fabric/vinyl to produce upholstery covers for furniture
- Cut out traced patterns on fabric and leather for furniture
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions and problem solving
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions
- Good quality oriented
- Upholstery lines contain all functions of upholstering furniture including springers, seat builders, arm builders, inside and outside back builders, and final assemblers
- Able to use common upholstery tools such as air powered staple guns, mauls, hammers, scissors, regulators, nail guns, tack pullers, etc
- Requires the ability to stand, walk, stoop, bend for 9 hours or more daily. Requires constant use of arms, hands, fingers and eyes to assemble upholstered furniture.
- Could require lifting up to 75 lbs, carrying 40 lbs or pushing and sliding up to 200 lbs
- Requires ability to work while wearing required personal protective equipment such as safety glasses
- Assists with any other task in the line, department or facility as directed by supervision
- Seam/sew appropriate fabric/vinyl to produce upholstery covers for furniture.
- Trains other operational personnel in the basics of touch-up repair (if necessary).
- Carry out repairs (if necessary)
- Maintain a consistent quality and quantity in work produced.
- Maintain work area in an organised and safe manner.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Occasional lifting and moving up to 10 lbs is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Raft is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, upgrades, training, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Salary: £10.00 to £15.00 /hour
Please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org